Us

Us

Friday, April 10, 2015

This kid...

He never ceases to amaze me.

If there is one thing about this adoption that has worried me it is this: how it would affect him? Will he feel replaced? Will he feel like he wasn't enough? Will he not love Garrick like a true brother?

None of these worries are true. He continues to show me that.

Tonight we were playing in the hallway. This hallway has pictures and shadow boxes of special keepsakes from both kids. Gus looked up at the pictures and said, "Mommy we need to put Garrick's picture next to mine since he is going to be my brother". I asked him if he was excited about Garrick coming to be his brother.
"Yes, I will love him. Can he come now?"
"No, we have to wait"
"Waiting is so hard"
"I know, buddy. It is hard."

http://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/germany-family-adoption-fund/330417




No comments:

Post a Comment